What does the course cover?
The course provides a solid foundation in Excel VBA. Using Excel VBA will extend your knowledge of recorded Macros and provide you powerful skills to automate Excel. This course explains how and where Macros can be useful in Excel and how to use Excel for as much of the “heavy lifting” as possible.
Why take this course?
If you are performing repeated actions on workbooks or sheets, it may be possible to automate that work. Importing data, cleaning that data, archiving existing information and similar activities are good candidates for automation in Excel. VBA provides extra options for developers looking to automate Excel.
Who should attend?
Users familiar with recording and editing basic macros in Excel who want to go further in automating and customising Excel using VBA – Visual Basic for Applications. No previous programming experience is required but an expert level of Excel use is assumed.
Each course contains high quality, professional, Video lessons, Downloadable exercise files and Real-world templates for you to use.
Course detail and sample lessons
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Macro Recorder Part 1
Section 3: Macro Recorder Part 2, A Larger Example
Section 4: Forms
Section 5: Loops
Section 6: User Defined Functions
Section 7: Automation
Section 8: Security
Section 9: VBA Language Review
Skills you’ll learn
What you’ll be able to do after the course
- Record and edit a macro’s VBA code
- Understand object oriented structure of Excel
- Creating custom forms in Excel
- Macro security and protection of macro code
- Foundations of programming using VBA
- Pump data from databases, CSV files and similar
- Cleanup imported data to remove extra spaces and lines
How you can apply these skills
What you’ll be able to use these skills for
- Create a custom menu structure for Excel users
- Simplify repetitive tasks using Macros and VBA code
- Edit and update existing Excel Macros
- Print specific separate areas of a workbook
- Create custom menu structures and fill-in forms in Excel
- Creating your own functions in Excel
- Export data into other Office applications
Upon completion you will receive an internationally accredited certificate like this:
Careers that require these skills at this level?
Excel is used in practically every business and in nearly all departments in those businesses – ranging from sales to accounting and administration. For any role that requires customising Excel through programming, will need you to be proficient to this level.
Want to start learning today?
Joining is simple, easy and risk free with our 7 day money back guarantee. Or sign up for our 7 Day free trial.